Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 689
Timekeeper by Tara Sim Review
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Feedback

I thought this was an interesting concept. The clocks themselves really control the time. There are days where it feels like that but to be solely reliant on clocks and their spirits, what a twist on time. Any problem with the clocks can result in a town losing time or, the worst case, being stuck in time. Most of the story revolves around our main character and the town, Enfield, clock spirit. While I did find this story interesting, it took me a moment to get into it. I understood what was happening but I just had an issue connecting with the story. Once the plot became more involved and there was more action, did I really enjoy the book. This was definitely a book that you need to stick with and get through the developmental beginning. There is a forbidden romance aspect to the book also, as one is to not fall in love with a clock spirit. I really enjoyed this part of because the spirits seem so innocent, how do you not love them?

Though the story took me a little to get into, I immediately fell in love with the characters. Danny was a great main character to follow. There is so much emotion behind him that it was honestly really hard not to like him. He had a lot to deal with while also trying to make sure that a whole town didn’t get frozen in time again. I really enjoyed seeing his character develop throughout the whole novel and how he dealt with situations. In this book, Danny makes mistakes and suffers the consequences. I like how true they all felt and their actions seemed very realistic for the type of book this was.

Final Thoughts

Overall, Timekeeper by Tara Sim was a decent book. Even though it had a slow start, the concept of the book held my interest until the plot really developed. This book did have great characters which really drove the story. They stayed true to the world that was set up and seemed very realistic. I was easily able to relate and connect with them. Since the idea of the book is now developed, I am really looking forward to what happens in the next book. I recommend this book for those who enjoy alternate, fantasy worlds with forbidden romances.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

0.0 (0)
Two friends in the 1980's were graduating from Cosmetology School....
Twisting Minds

0.0 (0)
How can you trust your heart when you can't trust...
The Art of Holding On

0.0 (0)
Life happens, whether you’re ready or not. All you can...
Breaking Through: How Female Athletes Shattered Stereotypes in the Roaring Twenties

0.0 (0)
Award-winning author Sue Macy offers a fresh and timely account...
Outlawed

0.0 (0)
OUTLANDER meets Robin Hood. Traveling through time...
The Path We Take

0.0 (0)
He’s alone He’s tattooed He’s badly burnt ...
Half-Blood Mage

0.0 (0)
A cursed dragon hunter A half-blood mage...

0.0 (0)
If genetic engineering could guarantee you and your family perfect...
Slayer (Slayer, #1)

0.0 (0)
Into every generation a Slayer is born… ...
Magic Bound

0.0 (0)
Starting a new school is never easy and this time...
When Wishes Bleed

0.0 (0)
One Prince. One Witch. One Fate. ...
Dealing in Dreams

0.0 (0)
The Outsiders meets Mad Max: Fury Road in this fast-paced...
Girls With Sharp Sticks (Girls With Sharp Sticks, #1)

0.0 (0)
Some of the prettiest flowers have the sharpest thorns. ...

0.0 (0)
Young Trib follows orders and fights. The Puritanics are...
Fae Hunter

0.0 (0)
Can one mortal take on all of Faerieland? ...
Rising

0.0 (0)
Four tests. Seven days. Nine teens. ...

Latest Member Reviews

Jane Anonymous: A Novel

"JANE ANONYMOUS follows two timelines: one while Jane was captured for 7 months and one after she is back home...."
Wilder Girls

" THIS WAS INCREDIBLE. This book reads like BUTTER...… Moldy, rotten, disgusting butter,..."
Jane Anonymous: A Novel

"Told from the perspective of a girl who was captured and escaped, JANE ANONYMOUS is a thriller of both physical..."
Pax Novis (The Pax Archives, #1)

"PAX NOVIS is an engaging YA sci-fi novel that takes place in the future, when humans have colonized other planets...."
I'm Not Dying with You Tonight

"Los Angeles, Ferguson, and Baltimore. Three cities where years of racism, injustice, unchecked police brutality, and rampant anti-Black racism came..."
The Grace Year

"It’s been one week since I finished The Grace Year by Kim Liggett as I sit down to start this..."
All the Things We Do in the Dark

"ALL THE THINGS WE DO IN THE DARK is an intensely challenging and thought-provoking read with some magical realism elements...."
Creep

"CREEP is an interesting YA thriller/horror that follows an incoming high school freshman, Olivia (Liv). Olivia lives in a small..."
The Missing Season

"Urban legend in the town of Pender has it every October the Mumbler snatches a kid. Local authorities brush the..."
Wilder Girls

"The top 3 reasons you need WILDER GIRLS by Rory Power on your shelf: 1.) The characters:..."
T-Minus

"T-MINUS is a fast-paced YA thriller that is billed as 24 for teens. Sophie Washington, the character from whose perspective..."
The Athena Protocol

"THE ATHENA PROTOCOL was a fantastic YA spy/thriller that pulls you in from the start. Jessie is an agent of..."
Every Stolen Breath

"EVERY STOLEN BREATH is an engrossing read that follows Lia as she attempts to uncover her father's killers. Every so..."
Darkness on the Edge of Town (Stranger Things )

"Darkness on the Edge of Town is a fascinating glimpse into Hopper's past. Being a big fan of Hopper since..."
#Murderfunding (#MurderTrending, #2)

"#Murderfunding is an engaging and fast-paced sequel to #murdertrending. Alcatraz 2.0 has been shut down and #CinderellaSurvivor (Dee) and her..."
Salvation Day

"Zahra wants the world to know the truth about her father. She believes he wasn't to blame for the deaths..."
Wilder Girls

"Beware. Wilder Girls will draw you in, softy whispering tendrils creeping through your mind and thorny vines entangling your heart..."
The Grace Year

"THE HANDMAID'S TALE meets LORD OF THE FLIES in this dark, atmospheric, and sweeping YA dystopian. Tierney James is 16-years-old,..."
Breakout

"BREAKOUT by A.M. Rose is an edge-of-your-seat, YA dystopian adventure that will have you turning page after page well past..."
All Eyes on Us

"GOSSIP GIRL meets PRETTY LITTLE LIARS in this YA thriller. ALL EYES ON US follows Rosalie and Amanda in back..."