Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I heard all the hype about this book and read all the quotes that people were sharing and thought to myself I gotta read this book!!!! Can it really be as good as everyone says it is? Let me tell you they were all right. This book is AWESOME!!!

Lexi is the heroine in this story and has been unjustly found guilty of the sin "Lust." Punishment is a blue brand around her neck so everyone knows what she's been convicted of. Before the Guards came to take Lexi in the night she had a hard life of torture and betrayal. Due to how she grew up after the death of her father and her brother ran away, Lexi doesn't trust anyone. She has plenty or reasons not. Until she meets Cole. Through out the story you see Lexi grow and get her but kicked at times. That's all part of living and surviving in the place she now has to call home. She experiences fear, heart wrenching sadness, hope and love.

Cole is the Guard that gets assigned to watch Lexi when she arrives at The Hole. Something about her tells him that she isn't like the others and he just wants her to trust him. As he spends more time watching her and protecting her, Cole begins to develop feelings for Lexi and eventually falls in love with her. Which may be fine anywhere else but here in The Hole it's one of the biggest N0-NO'S there is and is punishable by death. Not just his but Lexi's too. A horrific and painful and very public death. Lexi knows it's wrong to love Cole and that if they get caught their dead but without him she's dead on the inside anyways.

Zeus is Cole's dog and I love him to pieces. Once he meets Lexi for the first time he appoints himself her guardian. Whenever he's not out on assignment with Cole and they are in their apartments he's right there with Lexi. He comes to her defense on more than one occasion and prevents her death. Zeus may appear to be a loveable and friendly dog but he can turn dangerous and lethal in a minute. Especially when it comes to defending and protecting Lexi.

The Hole is like a prison but bigger and more dangerous. Every prisoner upon entering gets branded with one of seven colors depending on their sin. This place is horrific and the Authors don't shy away from any details. They make you feel like you are in a place where there's no hope and you just wonder if you will ever make it out alive. Those who have a weak stomach may want to shy away from this book which would be awful because they would really be missing a great read.

This book took me on an emotional ride from the beginning to the end. I was angry and pissed at the treatment of the prisoners. There were times when I cried so hard the tears poured down my face and I had to put the book down just so I could gain some control of my emotions before I continued with the story. I laughed, prayed, and routed for love to win out in the end.

Abi and Missy thank you for such an emotional story. It's been awhile since I've read such an emotionally charged book. I see great things in both of your futures and look forward to the next book in the series. This is a must read for all types of readers. I will definitely recommend it to all my reading friends. If I could I would have given you 10 stars. Go out and get yours now you won't be disappointed I promise.
Good Points
All of it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account