Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I’d be lying if I didn’t say that half of the reason why I read this was because it’s a royal romance, but seeing an interracial royal YA couple on the cover really caught my attention. Add the fact that this was inspired by Harry and Meghan’s love story.

I was truly excited to read this because I haven’t read any book with royalties in a long while and I’m glad that Zora and Owen hit it off right from the start. I love Zora’s character because she’s independent, smart, a feminist and activist as well. She’s enrolled in a Summer Program at Halstead where she meets Owen in a library. Cute, yeah???

Owen can be the most charming as he can be and very much a gentleman but can level with Zora’s banter. At first, Zora didn’t know that Owen was a prince and once she did, she’s suddenly thrust into the spotlight.

I like Zora’s relationship with her family, especially with her brother, Zach. As for Owen, I wish I’d seen more from his side of the family. I feel like this book was more about building Zora’s character.

While the romance aspect kind of fell flat for me, I love how the book tackled black inclusivity and positivity. Although, I’m not the best person to judge on that but I really did appreciate it.

Overall, this book was a quick and light read. If you’re looking for a quick fix of royal romance, then you should pick up this book!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account