Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Navy, Isaiah, and Jesse are teens traveling with their families on an Alaskan cruise. While enjoying their vacation they must solve the mystery of who is committing thefts on board the ship.

A mystery aboard a cruise. Yes, please. I have never read a story that takes place on a cruise ship. This story has so much potential. A ship with everyone trapped on board while crimes are taking place could really be interesting.

What I Loved:
First, there were a few things I really loved about the story. I loved the details about the ports of call. I loved the touristy places they visited. I also really loved the mystery. It was fun but not too scary. I didn’t guess who the thief was until right before it was revealed. Isaiah Jesse’s aunt and grandmother were also really fun characters.

What Left Me Wanting More:
For me, the formatting of the dialog was a little off. I often couldn’t tell who was speaking or what was happening. I got a little confused with the alternating points of view. This especially happened between Jesse and Isaiah’s POV.

Something else that really bugged me was all the accusations against Jesse. I don’t see security on a cruise accusing passengers of stealing and unless they were 100% sure. Guest service is always at the forefront on a cruise line and all the announcements and finger-pointing just didn’t seem realistic. (Navy’s name I thought was a little strange but it is explained why her mother named her that later in the story and it made sense).

My Final Judgement:
Triplicity was a fun read and a cute story. I am starting to really like novels that center around a trip so this one hit the spot for me. It made me crave a summer cruise.
Good Points
The Love Boat for Teens ;)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account