Young Adult Fiction 2875
Heart pounding Ending
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I am not naturally a fan of changing love interests. I was rooting for Jet and Zahru and enjoyed their relationship so the second book was hard for me when he started pulling away from her. However, the intensity of her interactions with Prince Kasta in this book had me riveted. I didn’t want to switch sides but I guess when you are crying at 1:30 in the morning and determined to finish the final few chapters no matter how late it is getting, then I have to applaud the author for forcing me to consent to the relationship change.
I felt bad for Zahru who is trying her absolute best to find a path to peace. Her new powers are intoxicating and it would be so easy to become a tyrannical monster. Especially when facing allies that would sooner believe rumors and betray her than stick to their agreements. When she tries to be friendly that makes them think they can take advantage of her. It is hard for her to find respect as a young female so it is satisfying when she succeeds. It was upsetting how easily the rumors spread and how hard it was to prove innocence that she was not a power-hungry dictator bent on taking over the world. I don’t like the part Sakira played in that fiasco and how easily Zahru forgave her.
Her friend Hen is a delightful character and yes, I will admit that I enjoyed the scenes between her and Jet. The ending was satisfying and the big scene that ends the war felt like a natural series of actions that each character would have engaged in. After staying up late, being on an emotional roller coaster, and not being able to stop until the end, I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account