Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I’m a new fan of Dana Claire as I recently read “The Connection” and loved it. While I eagerly await the second installment of the Blood-Light Trilogy, this book served as an excellent distraction and I now have a new series that I am totally emotionally invested in - The Syphon Series!

This is a YA fantasy novel told from the perspective of the protagonist, Dru. A princess on the run with supernatural powers who finds peace and purpose with an outlaw band of brothers who know nothing about her former life.

Dana Claire’s character development and world building did not disappoint. I found myself fully immersed in this fantasy universe and wanting to read more, more, more.

Dru, Hawkin and Dodge were well-rounded and lovable main characters whose love triangle kept me turning pages. The romance in this novel was reminiscent of Twilight and the Hunger Games - a heroine torn between two very different men who were both equally as likable.

I loved that Dru was both a royal and outlaw at heart. Nothing about her personality felt forced and she was a relatable protagonist that I found myself really rooting for! She was not whiny or fragile and there were no “what-was-she-thinking moments” that can be a turn off for me at times with this genre.

If you love YA romances with a dash of fantasy and the supernatural, I highly recommend this book and am looking forward to reading more by Dana Claire.
Good Points
A YA supernatural, fairy-tale fantasy with a romantic subplot. Lovable characters and some really great world building.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account