The Prince & The Apocalypse
(Updated: December 21, 2022)
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Eighteen-year-old Wren's dream British trip ends up turning out like nothing she had planned. Not only is she sick with a virus most of the trip, but she also ends up missing her flight back to the states. She ends up running into a British prince who is fleeing. Add to this a meteor is set to destroy the Earth. What happens next is a high-stake race through five countries in five days to get a private flight back home. Only Wren isn't prepared for how she'll feel toward a runaway Prince.

What worked: Fun, engaging end-of-the-world rom-com. This story has high-stakes action throughout. When readers first meet Wren she's disillusioned with her whole ideal British trip. All she wants is to leave the UK. Then she encounters a fleeing UK prince and the threat of the Earth being destroyed by a comet. They join forces to escape.

Wren's plight is one that is almost enviable. Who wouldn't want to spend your last days with a cute prince? Many things are thrown into their path. But one that they both don't expect is falling for each other.

I enjoyed this humourous at times contemporary rom-com. Wren and Prince Theo's struggle to get out of the UK and get her a way back home to be with her family has lots of twists and turns. I like how Wren tries to stay on task and not fall for the Prince. She's the logical, type A personality that is used to making endless lists. Only what to do to survive an upcoming calamity isn't something she ever thought of!

The chemistry between Wren and Theo is there, even when both of them continue to deny it. And omg on that ending cliffhanger. So NOT FAIR! I'm hoping there is an upcoming sequel!

American Royals meets the end of the world. This high-stake contemporary rom-com is filled with adventure, action, and heart.
Good Points
1. Fun, engaging end-of-the-world rom com
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account