Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Larna Collins is living a teenage nightmare. Feeling like an outcast in her school and the butt of far too many jokes, all she wants to do is stay under the radar and make it through to graduation.

Her life changes when she finds her missing father's journal and she travels to London to search for him. What she finds there, she never could have imagined. The quaint village where her father was last seen is not all it appears to be, and Larna soon finds herself caught up in a paranormal vampire war.

What I really enjoyed about this book was the adventure and intrigue. You never knew what was going to happen next and Mysti Hayes kept me interested until the end. It was a very imaginative plot with well fleshed-
out characters. Larna is very relatable and you couldn't help but root for her to come into her own. It was great watching her character grow from an insecure teen to a confident young woman.

The only thing that kept me from giving this 5 stars was Larna's easy acceptance of this whole new vampire world. I found it far too convenient and easy. I felt she should have been far more freaked out to know vampires exist. Not a big issue for me and it definitely didn't stop me from enjoying the book.

All in all, I found this to be a strong start to a new series and I look forward to reading more.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account