Body double with magic
Overall rating

Writing Style

Plot

Characters

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I liked:
The author shares with us in her acknowledgments that this tale is inspired by an obscure Grimm fairy tale about a man who shed his shadow, and when the shadows become real, they take over the man's life. I find this to show the author's talent to create such an enthralling story. Maren and Tabra are twins born to the queen, and like those twins, one is hidden in secret and is the body double for the one who will sit on the throne as Queen one day.
Maren is the body double, and Tabra is the one-day Queen; Maren can manipulate sand and believes her twin's power is just delayed.
The first half of this story is solid, with an exciting premise and fast pacing, the second half focuses a lot on the relationship between the kidnapper and Maren, and I felt it bogged down the middle of the book. I am also not a massive fan of instant love or weird love triangles. The final half sets us up for the sequel with a cliffhanger, and some exciting clues are dropped for the next book.
Final Verdict:
The book has exciting magic, a dangerous love interest, a forbidden romance, and many hidden secrets. If you love the kiss of deception series, try this one.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account