Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Ever been so consumed with life that when you sit down to do regular things, your life just gets in the way and you can’t concentrate on that TV show or that book? Maybe it’s just not interesting enough to hold your attention? Maybe life is finally better than what’s on TV or what’s written on the page.

That’s how I felt with this book. I did enjoy it; I just couldn’t concentrate long enough to read it more than several minutes at a time. But then, when I finally did get the chance to dive into it, I devoured it. (Because sometimes, even when life is great, a book is just better).

I can’t pretend to relate to anything Jessie is going through. I’ve never lost a parent. I haven’t moved across the country and had to re-adapt to life with new friends and a new stepfamily. (Although just the thought stresses me out).

I immediately loved the relationship between Jessie and SN. Aren’t those always the easiest? It’s easier to flirt with someone you haven’t met. It’s easier to be honest and open. What’s the logic behind that? (and I have to admit that I skipped ahead because I HAD TO KNOW who SN was. I was right!)

I loved the bookstore! That was adorable and it is lowkey my dream to own an adorable used book store.

It was almost comical how Jessie was trying to decide who SN is. Caleb, Liam, or Ethan? (the choice is very obvious, even if I hadn’t read ahead)!

The writing flows beautifully, and I couldn’t help but getting caught up in Jessie’s thoughts. About her mother or her father or how she felt alone all the time. I was on the verge of tears a few times, but then then Theo would show up and crack a joke. I LOVED THEO!

Tell Me Three Things is downright adorable. It’s a cute story to get lost in, with lots of heavy background drama and actual life lessons.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account