Young Adult Fiction 1468
Great Vibes
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Secrets So Deep sets the stage for a spooky tale full of twists and turns. Avril returns to the scene of the place where her mother and she drowned when she was five. She survived but has no memory. The sights and sounds of the place trigger her memories but she was so young and is an unreliable witness so as the reader we are not sure how much is real and how much is in her head.
It becomes clear that her mother was murdered and just about everyone takes a turn being a suspect. I had a strong suspicion of who it would end up being only to be half right once all the revelations were finished. The setting of the book was so important in weaving a tale of suspense and possibly magic throughout Avril’s search for the truth.
I listened to the book partly by Audiobook. The narrator did a good job although I will say that my heart beat faster and I was more hooked when I just read the book and let the magic of the author’s words build.
Overall, this was an intense read with great thriller vibes. The reveals are unexpected and the book was hard to put down as a result.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account