Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Quinn used to be the girl with everything. She was cheerleading captain, honor student, and had a hot boyfriend. Then she loses it. Only here she's not sure if the demons she sees and hears are a figment of her imagination or real.

Aaron finds himself drawn to Quinn even when she pushes him away. Still he can't go away. He has his own dark secrets that he's afraid to reveal. In the meantime Quinn continues to self-destruct. Will Aaron be able to crack through her shield in time to save her?

This is a very intriguing paranormal tale that has a I Never Promised You a Rose Garden feel with Quinn struggling with visions she has of demons. At first the reader isn't sure if this is a sign of madness(I admit, I did) or if the demons were in fact very real. Quinn comes across as mad and unsure of herself. More than once I wanted her to confide in her BFF Teresa. But then again Quinn had been rejected more than once. First from her father who left her family for a younger woman and then by Jeff her boyfriend. Her struggles and confusion are very real.

Now the character I totally loved had to be Aaron. We see pieces of his history that ended up driving him to try to kill himself. In fact he did 'die' twice. Aaron can't remember some of his past, only that something is driving him to Quinn even when his BF Marcus and others warn him off. The scene at the beginning, where Quinn is shouting at her unseen demons, only reaffirms the gossip. That she is totally losing it.

I admit I was fascinated in why the chemistry between Aaron and Quinn crackled. You know something more is going on. More than two wounded people being drawn to each other.

The climax of the story at the dance leads up to a whirlwind confrontation and betrayal. The cliffhanging ending left me gasping. I had to know what happens next! The author told me that yes, there is a sequel scheduled in 2014 that will show us more of Aaron and Quinn's story.

The only thing I felt was missing was more of Quinn's backstory. I knew that her downward spiral into madness happened after her father leaving. But I couldn't feel that her demons happened sooner. **Hints of this are in fact shown later in the story. Also what is going on with her mother? I felt there was a story there too behind her just leaving Quinn on her endless business trips.

This unique take on angels is very intriguing. I'm curious what will happen next!
Good Points
1. Intriguing paranormal tale
2. Intriguing struggle between demons and light
3. Loved Aaron!
4. This chemistry is supernatural
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
April 28, 2013
Great Review. Im not normally a paranormal reader but this sounds okay.
1 results - showing 1 - 1