Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Kass Bateman is the tough girl in school. Kass has had a rough childhood and it shows through her personality. Both her parents are mentally ill and her mother has been missing for some time. When a mysterious girl shows up at Kass’s school claiming to be Kass’s half-sister, Kass is captivated. Kass, her friend Eli, and Kass’s sister set on a journey looking for Kass’s missing mom.

What I Loved:

By far the best element of this story are the characters. I was able to really connect with both Kass and Eli. I enjoyed Eli’s background story about his issues and how he dealt with his family. I also really liked Kass’s tough as nails personality. I thought Kass and Eli’s slow burn romance was wonderful. I could really feel the chemistry between them. Who wouldn’t have a crush on Eli?

What Left Me Wanting More:

The plot and story arc just did not do much for me. The story about Kass and Eli looking for Kass’s parents was somewhat interesting in the beginning but once they entered into the part where Kass is trying to escape the mental hospital I was lost. The whole thing with them weaving back and forth through the halls was so unnecessary. The whole situation in the hospital was also extremely strange and was not fully explained at the end. I was totally left with the feeling of ‘what is going on’.

My Final Judgement:

While the plot and story arc of this book were not my favorite, I loved the characters of Kass and Eli. I really loved their relationship. I plan to read the second installment in the series to see where their relationship goes from there.
Good Points
Great Characters
outcast.jpg
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account