N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Allison

Ugh. This was a horrible book, I haven't disliked something this much in a long time. I'm giving it two stars because I was at least compelled enough to read the whole thing.

First of all...the writing. There were WAY too many awful similes that had me rolling my eyes and snorting with distaste. I don't really care that much about writing styles...so for me to say the writing was bad really is saying something. I felt like she was making the characters do things to fit into the story, and that has always bugged me. I think the story should fit the characters...you shouldn't have to make them do things that seem unnatural.

The plot, somewhat interesting...but not carried out well at all. About halfway through I realized it really wasn't going to get better and thought "oh well, at least things with Jace and Clary are somewhat interesting." Then (major spoiler ahead, so don't read on if you plan on picking this up)...they turn out to be brother/sister?? What the heck, they had kissed and had wonderful chemistry and they are SIBLINGS? Their relationship was about the only thing interesting or captured well in the story...and even that was ruined.

I really had high hopes for this too. Bummer.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account