Young Adult Fiction 516
Lost in Taiwan
(Updated: June 04, 2023)
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

What worked: Engaging coming-of-age story of a reluctant teen who finds the beauty of Taiwan after he's accidentally locked outside his brother's apartment. Paul hates being in Taiwan and refuses to go outside the apartment. He's sully around his older brother and refuses to step outside. He only uses his phone, texting someone. Only after he loses his phone and becomes lost does he encounter someone who opens his eyes to Taiwan.

I really loved this graphic novel which is colorful and action-packed as readers follow Paul and Peijing through Taiwan.

I'm a huge fan of graphic novels. The illustrations are captivating in their portrayal of Taiwan. Paul's new friend Peijing has him experience the food, culture, and corrects his stereotypes of the country. Paul widens his perceptions of a country outside of his own.

I loved the illustrations of the quiet countryside moments. Plus, I enjoyed seeing the interaction Paul has with Pejing and her family. One funny moment is when Paul does take a bite of fried squid legs and finds they are tasty!

Highly engaging coming-of-age graphic novel story where a teen learns to look outside his own culture to embrace the richness of another one.
Good Points
1. Colorful images of Taiwan
2. Engaging coming of age story
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
June 15, 2023
Life comes with different experiences I don't know what you have experience but this is my short testimony, I am happy typing this because I have peace in my marriage again and all thanks to a great man called Dr Peter, he is a powerful spell caster that help reconcile the dispute between me and my husband with a love spell, my husband left home and live with another woman for 7 months without caring for me and our 4 years daughter, financially I am fine but I need the tender care of a man, I beg him to come back home several times but nothing work out, I even asked his elder sister to help me beg him which didn't work out. So one day I read a testimony of a woman who described how Dr Peter helped her stop her husband from divorcing her with a love spell so I took his contact and explained my problems to him, he told me what is needed for the love spell and which I did so then after 48hours time my husband came back home begging for my forgiveness so that was how my marriage was saved. If you need his help do not hesitate to contact him on his Email: [email protected]
WhatsApp +1 (646) 494-4360
Facebook https://web.facebook.com/drpeterspellcaster22
K
kimberlybelcher
1 results - showing 1 - 1