So much more then just a girl
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I liked:
Kalothia is a female, soon to govern the world, which is a strike against her. Women are not meant to rule, not to travel alone, not educated. Kalothia has to overcome this once she learns she is to be queen, though they want her to take a man to rule. The level of corruption in the court, the lies she uncovers, and the strength she needs to take her rightful place is the main plot that kept me turning pages. I wanted to see her take her home and make things right for the females she would be queen over. The literal fact that she worships a female goddess yet thinks she would never put a female in a place of leadership was so mind-blowing. How can you worship a female yet think so little of them.
Final Verdict:
Kalothia's character grows quite a bit over this novel; her two caretakers train her to rule, and she doesn't even know it. Kalothia is a character who has been lied to from the moment she was brought into the world. Her mother was killed over a vicious plot to take over the throne, and though she holds a belief her parents are out there, she soon learns just how alone in the world she is.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account