Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I thought Fallen would be a shoot-and-miss for me. It wasn't that exactly, but it could have been better.

Luce is sent to the Sword & Cross boarding school after she's seeing shadows everywhere and she's the suspect of a dead guy in a burnt-down house. It's your worst-nightmare boarding school, the kind where cell phones are banned, all the other children are psychos, and there are surveillance cameras watching your every move.

She sees Daniel Grigori right from the first day, and get's that weird feeling like she definitely, positively has known this guy before. Daniel obviously doesn't want anything to do with her, but of course she's GOT to find out the truth behind him.

It's good that she wasn't obsessing over Daniel so much that she didn't have time for her friends, or to check out the other cute guy in the school.

In the end, Daniel was WAY too much like "Oh my gosh, you are precious flower, go into the church where you will be safe, and leave the fighting to the big strong angels." (okay, so he didn't say those exact words, but you get the gist). And Luce went along with it! It was just one of those books where the girl was way too soft, always leaving her own fights to someone else. And she and Daniel were a bit too obsessed with each other at the end. Kind of like "I-I can't live without you, Luce. I love you." (and he DID actually say that in the book). Creepy lover alert.

And the whole stalking thing Luce did with Daniel. I mean sure he looked good, but what happened to not judging a book by its cover? He was rude, cold and distant. Until, of course, Luce broke through.

And then there was Daniel and Cam. They were a bit like sparring bulls, fighting over the female. And I didn't even GET why Cam wanted her.

*Spoiler alert* I don't think that pretty much the whole reform school should have been angels. I mean, seriously TWO mortal kids in the whole school and the angels didn't even notice.

It was a good book all in all, even though it was a bit predictable and I didn't like the obsessive love.
Good Points
- Liked the prologue
- Mystery, even though the whole story was basically evident from the first couple of pages
- Liked Luce's friends
- Liked how she was at a reform school
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account