Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
After a tragedy, Luce Price finds herself at Sword & Cross, a reform boarding school in Savannah. She vows to herself to stay low and not let anything terrible happen around her again. Then she sees Daniel Grigori and her life will never be the same.

There's something familiar about Daniel. What, Luce doesn't know. Everytime she's around the mysterious and aloof Daniel, she has a sense of deja vu.

Daniel has made it clear he wants nothing to do with her. But if that is really true why does he give off mixed messages? Luce is bound to find out more about Daniel even if the truth might be more than she can bear.

I enjoyed this paranormal forbidden romance set in a Southern reform school. Luce has her own terrible secret that she wants to keep hidden but it seems others at Sword and Cross have their own secrets. At first I couldn't see why Luce would keep going after Daniel. Yes, he's cute and all, but at their first meeting he flips her off! The other guy Cam, seemed a better choice. Then I read on and found not all is what it seems. The premise of fallen angels roaming the Earth forever put a unique twist on the whole paranormal genre. I ended up spending all day reading this tale wanting to know what secrets Daniel was hiding. Kate creates a world where love is both dangerous and forbidden. This romantic tale will keep readers glued to the pages.

I liked the sexual tension between both Luce and Daniel. I also liked a couple other characters such as Penn, who seemed to know everything about Sword & Cross except the one truth that really mattered and rebel Arriane who shows her true colors throughout. I can't wait to read Torment, the sequel.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account