Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I absolutely adored Joshua's Island by Patrick Hodges, so I was thrilled when asked to read an advanced copy of his next book, Ethan's Secret. Of course I said "YES!"

This book follows the story of Kelsey, the little spitfire from JI. I have to admit that as much as I loved Joshua and Eve, Kelsey stole the spotlight in JI, and I was very much looking forward to reading my favorite character's backstory. I was not disappointed.

Patrick Hodges has this rare talent of transporting you into the midst's of his tales. You actually feel as if you are that eighth grader again going through all the angst, awkwardness and excitement associated with being a teen. His characters are real and utterly believable. His story focuses on so many aspects teens find themselves dealing with every day; acceptance, friendship, bullying, trust and first love. This book also delves into an amazing secondary storyline that will pull you in, glue you to the edge of your seat and keep you guessing until the end. No spoilers from me however, so you will have to read the book to find out what I am talking about :)

I cannot express how in love I am with this story. It will make you laugh, cry, gasp in disbelief, and bring back memories of Dirty Harry (For those of you who don't know who that is...Clint Eastwood. Google him :)

Great job Mr. Hodges. 5 out of 5 shiny stars. Looking forward to reading so much more from you!!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account