Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I loved this book even though I'm pretty sure I'm way above the target age! Kelsey, the lovable superhero from Patrick Hodges first book, is at it again. She's the kind of middle schooler that every parent and every teacher dreams of having. She stands up to bullies, she befriends the new kids, and she sticks by her friends no matter what. We all wish we could be a little like Kelsey, even though she's only in the eight grade,

Ethan and his family have a dangerous secret but Kelsey doesn't realize how dangerous it could really be. She's like a mini Veronica Mars. She has to get to the bottom of it. She doesn't know the troubles it will lead to or its connection to events that have been happening around her. What she does know is that she likes Ethan and he doesn't deserve everything that has happened.

Watching their friendship play out is cute and charming and also deeper than you would expect from kids their age. Mr. Hodges shows us, yet again, how he can shape a relationship in such a way that it neither seems childish or too mature for the characters. It's a true talent. He also proves that he is the master of teaching through entertainment. This book is thoroughly enjoyable, yet it has a number of strong messages for teenagers. I wish his books had been out when I was in middle school.

You want to read this book. And then you want to have your children or your students or your neighbor kids read it as well.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account