Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
In Emerge: The Awakening, we meet Allie, a diminutive teenage girl with fiery red hair and a snarky attitude. She has been on the run, moving from place to place, her entire life, and she's had nary a clue as to why.

But that changes when she meets Aidan, a handsome boy who explains to her that she is an Immortal, a being of incredible untapped power who is about to undergo a change that will transform her life completely.

A fantastic premise, to be sure, and I dove right into the story, which caught my attention with its great characters and dialogue. Allie is wonderfully snarky, which I love, and the interplay between Allie and Aidan was the highlight of the book.

The reason I could not give this book five stars was because, in my opinion, there were time when I felt that there was too much dialogue and not enough exposition. There were many flashbacks, and there were many, many characters (too many to keep track of), and there were a couple of times when I found myself a little lost.

This is a fantastic book, and definitely worth reading. My advice: don't get caught up trying to remember all the characters. Just focus on Allie and Aidan and a few other main characters, and you'll be fine.

Can't wait to see what happens to Allie next. Well done, Ms. Craven!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account