N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Wow, what an entertaining read!

Allie and Aidan have had very different upbringings but have always lived with a similar sense of isolation and loneliness. Allie has always just believed people thought she was weird- that she was just your average outcast. Aidan knew the truth. They each had an immense amount of power that people could sense. He was surrounded by people that loved him but he still always felt alone.

All of this changed when Allie's family moved to Kelley's island, bringing Aidan and his odd group of family and friends into her life. It isn't until Allie's sixteenth birthday that she finds how like all of them she really is.

They are all part of an ancient race that both gives them certain powers and also puts them in danger.

How do you still live your mortal life when you are becoming so much more?

I think Allie is now one of my favorite fictional women. She is strong, sarcastic, and witty but also soft and caring. This isn't an easy balance- many strong characters are portrayed as hard. It's a testament to the writing.

The writing itself is witty and clever. I can't count the number of times I laughed out loud at the exchanges between Allie and Aidan.

The only issue I had was the huge amount of backstory. I'm sure it'll come in handy in the next two books but, in this one, it took me out of the action and I found myself getting bored on a number of occasions.

To the books credit, the other parts had me going to the point where I was staying up late because I couldn't stop reading and then I couldn't sleep because I was thinking about Allie and Aidan and the things they had just said. I'm looking forward to a more action packed book two!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account