Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This is self published? No way. I wouldn't believe it if the author hadn't sent me a copy. It in no way feels self published. Everything flows perfectly and the characters are authentic. I also love how this is such an original novel. It never gave me the vibe that some books do. Never once when reading did I stop and think, this kind of reminds me of (whichever book insert here). I also love how it's set in Ohio as I used to live there and miss it a lot.

Allie, our main character is awesome. She feels real and she's very strong. I love that more YA is starting to have strong female characters. We need them and I just love reading about them! I also love the romance in Emerge. It's not rushed to me nor does it feel like insta-love. I enjoyed the world building and there is a lot in the beginning. So if you don't like slow beginnings then don't get this book. I didn't mind, I actually like it. Let's me get a feel for everything before jumping into the action.

I love the urban feeling and just how real it feels. This author made superpowers as real as they could seem and it worked perfectly. I could see it happening in the real world. Bottom line, get this book. It's amazing and worthy of your time. Warning though... you might get obsessed.
Good Points
1) Original, like nothing I've ever read before!
2) Allie (the main character), is very strong and someone good to look up to.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account