Kids Indie 435
Dinos and cars
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

What I liked:
Each page introduces a species of dinosaurs, such as velociraptor or brachiosaurus, and states what kind of car they would drive. At the end of the book, there is a page with each of the dinosaurs and one characteristic. It turns out the Iguanadon is a vegetarian, so I guess the idea is that he was also conscious of his impact on the environment. Some of the car choices are a little more obvious; for example, the Diplodocus (again, I had no idea this was a type of dinosaur and not a loaded chip dip) is very long, so he drives a school bus because it is a long vehicle.

Final verdict:
Aside from the insanely long dino names, the book is relatively easy to read. Each page has one line of text and an obvious picture. The sentence structure is pretty repetitive, with most pages reading something like Dinosaur Name drives a Vehicle Name. The font is colorful, bold, and relatively large. The background of the pages is white, and the pictures are not overwhelming or distracting. I recommend this book to parents or teachers of young children in the age 3-8 range who enjoy dinosaurs and are beginning to explore repetitive beginner books with increasing independence.
Dinos Driving
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account