Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This book lived up to my expectations and than some! I have experienced the midnight releases, the up for days at a time playing, and the quirky friends. This book is perfect!

Although Katie and George are the main characters in this geek romance, George’s sidekick Lanyon adds that special little something to the whole story. I have read a ton of romance books over the last year, and while I love the bad boy, alpha male, damaged guy, and rocker, there is something to be said for this sweet romance between two geeks. This is probably my #1 book for this year. I have read a lot of amazing things, but Backward Compatible was so funny and so realistic that I just can’t seem to stop talking about!

Katie who is 21 and home from college for break heads to a midnight release of a new video game, accompanied by her best friend Anna who is a complete “girl” and could care less about the whole gaming world. When Katie can’t seem to get a copy of the game she wanted she decided to use her girlish charm, because after all she is a girl and she is standing amidst a bunch of geek guys.

George, who is also 21 and living at home with his parents, is desperate to get his hands on the game as well, is trying not to give in to his male tendencies when it comes to the girl in the game store. That could prove to be a real battle for George, even with his trusty sidekick Lanyon.

This book is about people who I could easily come across in life, they aren’t larger than life, and they carry connection to each other. Sure this book doesn’t have any sex it, and no hand cuffs, or guys demanding that the female is his and making her say it. But it does have a real story, humor, friendship, team work and even a little bit of love all rolled into one.

Sarah Daltry and Pete Clark made one heck of a team in writing this book, and I would love to see more from the two of them together! Backward Compatible is an awesome 5 stars, and if you want something that will make you laugh out loud more than once this is the book for you.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account