Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I finally got a chance to sit down and read this one and I was not disappointed. It definitely lived up to the hype for me.

What I loved most about this book was that it wasn't just a book about Diana Prince (Wonder Woman). There was a big focus on Alia, friendship, and humanity.

Diana: She made me laugh. Just the awkwardness of being in a human world that she had never been a part of. I loved her strength, determination, and loyalty. She wanted to save people and it never felt like she was doing it for herself. She wasn't selfish at all.

Alia: She was one of my favorites in this book. Alia definitely had some self doubts, but she was such a good person. Her friendship with Nim was great and I loved how she included Diana so quickly as part of their group. Alia was willing to sacrifice herself if it would save others from war.

Nim: She was another favorite. Her sense of humor and loyalty to Alia really stood out to me. She would do anything to help her friend.

Theo: He was another one who had the humor to help break up serious moments. He was smart and I could see why Alia had such a big crush on him.

Jason: He was also super smart, but way too serious most of the time (that was his personality). Jason was trying to keep his family's legacy.

The story and characters were well written. There was enough action to make it exciting and the pacing was good. I loved all the information on the gods/goddesses and humanity in general. Some of the book felt very relevant for the times right now.

Diana grew as a person during the book. She was able to think for herself more and realized that humans weren't always bad and that they were worth fighting for.

"Human courage was different from Amazon bravery. She saw that now. For all the suspicion and derision she'd heard from her mother and sisters about the mortal world, Diana couldn't help but admire the people with whom she traveled. Their lives were violent, precarious, fragile, but they fought for them anyway, and held to the hope that their brief stay on this earth might count for something. That faith was worth preserving."

Diana believed in peace. She believed that everyone deserved a chance to live and be happy. She wasn't sure at first, but something made her risk everything to save Alia. Spending time with them just reaffirmed what she though.

"These people, these mortals-fragile, foolish, brave beyond all common sense-deserved a chance at peace."

5 stars for this one. I really loved it.
Good Points
diversity
strong females
good pacing
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account