Review Detail

3.7 7
Young Adult Fiction 458
Struggling to rate this one, somewhere between okay and really liked it...
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Wings was quite a good read. I am kind of struggling to rate it, since it was somewhere between pretty okay and liked it (3.5 stars? 4?)

Meyer said that it was "A remarkable debut". Although I am struggling with the "remarkable" part, it was a good enough start to the series that I would read the next book.

If you are a person who enjoys love triangles and twists on the supernatural, you might want to give this one a try. It is an interesting twist on the usual faerie/fey/fairy/fae story. Here, faeries don't just live in the enchanted forest (:P). They are actually plants, literally. And they bloom once a year, starting at about fifteen. Yep, you heard me. Bloom, as in flower-coming-out-of-your-back bloom.

Lauren is a fifteen-year-old, home schooled faerie, though she doesn't know that last part yet. She is starting high school this year, and with it, she discovers she's not who she thought she was. At all.

Yes, there is a love triangle in this book. On one side there is David, Lauren's best friend, who is sweet and patient and logical and understanding. On the other side, there is Tamani, who is a faerie as well, and who ignites chaotic feelings in Lauren.

At some points I got a bit frustrated with Lauren, but I am quite looking forward to the next in the series; Spells.

So, to sum it up, this is a book about a home schooled fifteen year old plant faerie, who battles with trolls and is interested in two boys: a faerie and a human.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account