N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by stephanie

Another amazing faery tale placed in our hands. Wicked Lovely, first of the series, brings a wonderfully written and entertaining tale.

What I liked best about Wicked Lovely was the mystery, the intrigue, the romance, and the characters. I liked how I kept trying to guess who was on whose side Keenans or the Winter Queens and how secrets are uncovered as the story goes on. I also loved the romance that was between Seth and Aislinn. However, I wasnt really sure if Keenan liked her like that and it wasnt until the end of the book that I was like, Oh. Maybe he just likes her as a friend& That part was the only real confusing scene.

Aislinn, a strong yet frightened girl, is someone I truly admire. Shes smart and knows what she should do to avoid danger; however, she will take risks if it means saving her loved ones. In a way, she is like the typical heroine brave, courageous, etc. However, the part where she is cautious and understands the threat of the faeries, is not of the norm of a classic female protagonist.

And Seth, the typical perfect boyfriend, loves Aislinn enough to stick with her even with her special qualities and loves her enough to change a part of him just for her. If there is someone out there like Seth minus the piercings because theyre kind of& *wrinkles nose* - I would totally pounce on him. Who wouldnt?

Keenan. Sigh. Even though hes supposed to be this drop-dead gorgeous faery king, I find him annoying. The fact that he will do anything to get a Summer Queen is already strike one against him. He doesnt care about Aislinns plans or desires. Strike two. The person who he truly likes, he doesnt even have the guts to go after her even when shes hurting and needs help. Strike three. And&youre out! True, he may be a strong king and whatnot, however, I didnt like him. No real compassion except when it favors him and hes a coward. He cant go against anyone to get what he wants especially the Winter Queen. And yes, I understand that he didnt have enough power, however, Im sure he could have thought of something instead of just using hundreds of girls throughout the three centuries to find just one.

Despite Keenans annoyance, Seth and Aislinn totally outweigh him and therefore, I cant wait to get a hold of the next two books in the series! :)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account