Review Detail

4.2 48
Young Adult Fiction 627
Rule #3: Don't stare at invisible faeries. Rule #2: Don't speak to invisible faeries. Rule #1: Don't ever attract their attention.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Kayla (Midnight Twilight)

Aislinn sees faeries, but not Tinkerbell like faeries, no, these are human size or larger, and live for making trouble with the humans that can't see them. They have strength speed and power that no human could ever compete with. In the past the three rules have kept Aislinn safe, but when a faerie royalty starts following her her life becomes jeopardized, along with the lives of her family and friends. What would happen if the faeries found out that she could see them, Aislinn has to do everything in her power to try to keep the answer from happening.

Melissa Marr took a very used up topic, the secret world of faeries, and made it very original and fun. I loved the depth and descriptions of the faeries, it was easy to be pulled into this fantasy world and think it could be real. This book has everything in one, the supernatural, love, deception, and fierce battles. I also love how the narration skips between three people (well people and faeries), but it all seems unified. I love seeing different things through different points of view, it helps to understand the characters better, and i think it made this story very compelling. I'm off to start reading the second book in the series Ink Exchange.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account