Review Detail

4.8 4
WHEN THE WORLD WAS FLAT (AND WE WERE IN LOVE)
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
WHEN THE WORLD WAS FLAT (AND WE WERE IN LOVE) is a breathtaking story about a girl who dreams of death and a boy who wants to save her. The mystery surrounding the two is so clever and interesting, and the whole sci-fi element is outstanding. The author holds on to the secrets throughout the novel and I was blown away the minute that they started to unravel.

I enjoyed the romantic tension between Tom and Lillie, both before and after they discover more about each other. Their story builds to an impressive and exciting finish that I did not see coming. There is a great mix of characters, and the humour is brilliant.

I found it difficult to write this review as I think the blurb keeps a lot concealed and I don’t want to give anything away because that was the enjoyment for me – not knowing and feeling that need to read on and find out.

This book really does stand out on its own and I couldn’t compare it to another book out there, as I often find with Strange Chemistry titles. Very impressed with the quality of books that come from this publisher.

For me, WHEN THE WORLD WAS FLAT (AND WE WERE IN LOVE) is truly different and refreshing and I most definitely urge others to give it a try. It’s gripping, fascinating and achingly beautiful.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account