Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
If you finish a book in one day, on the day when you have a big Iftaar party at your house, it goes without saying that the book is good.

I’m not a big sci-fi fan, but what drew me to this book was the title and the pretty, pretty cover. Needless to say, I was not disappointed at all.

The thing about this book is that it starts a bit late. I was well into 50% of the text when the main plot line manifested. But even then I thoroughly enjoyed the character build up.

My favorite characters:

Deb: Lillie’s mother. Totally hipster-ish, the kind who who wears happy pants and peace beads. I absolutely adored her.

Tom: Hot guy. Broody. Gentleman in an alternate dimension. Need I say more?

Sylv: Lillie’s friend. Equal amounts of spunk and sass. Rebel to the core. Loved her.

On the other hand, Lillie, the protag didn’t really pull me much. She was sort of, I don’t know… bland? She had her fun moments and witty dialogues but I was rooting for a happy ending more for Tom’s sake than hers.

The reason why I loved the book was because it was so different! I’m not a physics kinda person, but I’m all for learning new things and the theories mentioned here will definitely give me a lot of things to read up on. And the random bits of trivia are really interesting too!

The sci-fi melded with the romance was really refreshing. There was a lot of ‘love’ in this book (hint: the title) and for someone like me, that is not a bad thing. Parts of it were really spooky and had me thinking about alternate dimensions of my own life.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes sci-fi, YA and cute, heart-warming romance.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account