Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What a fun read! Wentworth Hall by Abby Grahame was almost like a historical Gossip Girl. This book was just a darling to read, and I really enjoyed it. For fans of historical fiction, this is a must read. Even people who haven’t given historical fiction a try before should read Wenthworth Hall, as I found it read very easily and almost read more along the lines of a contemporary with the secrets, betrayal, and gossip. And it was just so fun!

There wasn’t a lot of depth to the plot, as it was more based around the gossip and secrets everyone had. The book is written in two parts almost – there is the normal storyline, but there is also a newsprint going around the satirizes the lif of the Darlingtons that is interspersed between the chapters.

I really liked most of the characters. Therese was a bit bland, but Maggie, Lila, Michael, and everyone else was quite lovely. This was one of those character driven books, which are always a ton of fun to read when the characters were as awesome as they were in this one.

The one thing I would have liked more is if the ending was extended out a bit. I would have loved to know what happened to the Twins or maybe some of the reactions to what other characters did. It was a drastic ending, so I feel like those reactions would have been quite fun to read.

Wentworth Hall was such a treat, and I highly recommend it. It’s a fast read and an enjoyable one at that. A wonderful debut – I cannot wait to see what is next for Abby Grahame.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
April 21, 2012
I've been looking forward to this one. It looks like a lot of fun.
1 results - showing 1 - 1