N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Loved:
WEIGHTLESS is unlike any bullying book I've ever read before. The perspective is not from the victim or the perpetrator but rather a first-person plural outsider. The story of Carolyn Lessing, a new girl in a rural Alabama town, is told through the eyes of the observers, the ones who don't truly know what's going on. At first it was a hard narration to get into, but the longer I read, the more I appreciated this truly unique way of looking at a situation that's far too common in high schools today.

While the book is quiet in terms of plot or action, there's an underlying current of tension to the story. The reader knows something is going to happen, someone is going to break, but you don't know how or when. This tension drives the story.

The novel is also thought-provoking. I found myself constantly questioning how I would've reacted in the same situation, which is what makes the novel so relatable. We're often the observers, not at the center of things, in life and this novel shows that how we react and what we say can have consequences that reach much further than we could ever anticipate.

The Final Verdict:
Authentic, moving, and utterly gripping, WEIGHTLESS is a realistic look at what it's like to be both on the outside and a participant in a tense, emotional, and ultimately tragic situation.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account