Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
When Hal's family makes the heart-wrenching decision to leave Charley, their comatose daughter, behind in a hospital ward while they spend the summer on the west coast of England, Hal finds it harder than ever to shake his sister's presence. What power is letting him share her memories?

And will they reveal the deep, dark truth behind her tragic "accident"? Set at a beach where growing up goes wrong, Waves is a coming-of-age story about first love and first loss; about a family drowning in sorrow, and the remarkable son who is struggling against the tide to save them.

I thought this book had a brilliant idea, the whole mystery on how Charley was found by Hal on the shore in a coma. I thought that it had something to do with Am and Pete, but in the way the book ended. I thought that the author was very clever to play out the story like she did.

What I am not happy about is that the story kinda jumped, as in the character was talking to someone right next to them, then suddenly be facing them, as if they teleported to there. It was very confusing, as I kept thinking 'How did they get'!

Otherwise this story had a great plot and a great mystery surrounding it. This book is mainly contemporary, but their is a slight magical theme with Charley and Hal. This book is not everyone, but I reckon most people will enjoy this great book.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account