Review Detail

4.8 3
Young Adult Fiction 220
A bit confusing and hard to keep up with, but good.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Loved: Jackson is a stellar male protagonist and I loved being in his head. He steps up his game since he’s joined the CIA and their team of highly-skilled young adults and you really see his character development from Tempest to Vortex. Things became a lot intense and interesting towards the end and I can’t imagine how Cross will end it all. I enjoyed the slew of new characters and seeing them all in training. They each bring something different to the table and it entertaining seeing them all work together.

Left Me Wanting More: As much as I think Cross did a fantastic job with her interpretation of time travel, it often left me confused and in a daze. Trust me, I’m not dumb or anything, but there were just so many twists and turns throughout the book, it left my head spinning a few times. As much as Cross tried to explain the significance between the worlds, it was hard to keep up with that and also with the different time frames. I kept having to flip back and forth and re-read things just to get a sense of what was going on. Maybe it’s because my imagination sucks. Granted there wasn’t as much actual time-traveling going on, it was more the characters trying to figure out what’s going on and Jackson’s memories. There also isn’t much in the way of romance in this book. Jackson still suffers from the heartbreak of letting Holly go and although you catch glimpses of her here and there, things are most definitely not the same.

Final Verdict: If you’re a time travel fan, you’ll enjoy this series and this second book is even more engaging and action-packed than the first. So many twists, turns, and secrets, you never know who to trust!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account