N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by The Fable Fairy

I initially did not want to read the Vampire Academy series. I find that it is difficult to come across an authentic vampire book, especially lately, that has a unique concept. Having a novel named Vampire Academy had alarms wailing in my mind. I thought to myself that obviously this was going to be very to Twilight/Harry Potter-esque. Maybe I am a bit rash when it comes to my opinions of books formed from covers and names but I was just not having it. Yet, every time I went into the bookstore Erin pestered me to get it until finally I could no longer take it and broke. After reading Vampire Academy I knew I had to have the entire series.

Frostbite was just as great as the first. No, wait! I take that back. It was even better! Everything we know about Rose, Lissa, Moroi, Strigoi, and their entire existence is heightened. Mead gives her readers just enough to appease the curiosity so they do not become fed-up with so many unanswered questions but also allowing room for theories to flourish and cause that page-flipping maniac to come out.

This novel started with a bang. We all know Strigoi are dangerous but within the first few chapters we realize just how dangerous they can be. It's this danger that propels the story to take a new direction and whisk the St. Vladimir students and their families off campus. This new setting combined with multiple life-threatening occurrences creates an interest plot for the reader. The suspense created at the end of Vampire Academy is tenfold in Frostbite. 

New characters are introduced, including Adrian Ivashkov. I usually tend to stick to the underdog/boy next door but there is just something about Adrian. The compulsion he uses on the characters is so intense that it must leap off the page and affect the reader. That is my only conclusion. However, since I have yet to read the other books remaining in the series I cannot say I will stay Team Ivashkov for very long. 

Rose & Demitir's perplexing relationship also takes it turn in the spotlight. Given their situation, we know that they cannot possible having a lasting relationship. Although one can dream and dream I do. The heat that takes place between these two is enough to melt your insides. However, I will note that their relationship does take a turn in this book. For the better or the worse, that is something you will have to find out yourself. 

Through all the suspense, fury, sadness, and happiness, I could not put this book down. Unlike sitting down and eating a tub of ice cream, devouring Frostbite in one sitting will not leave you sick but rather leave you yearning for more. This book was an excellent contribution to the Vampire Academy series and I cannot wait to see what lays ahead for those attending St.Vladimir's. 
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account