Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Originally posted on my blog http://hobbitsies.net/2012/10/valkyrie-rising-by-ingrid-paulson/

Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson is an awesome debut full of awesome Norse mythology, kickass females, and swoon-worthy guys.

While a few parts of Valkyrie Rising did seem to drag a bit, for the most part I read Valkyrie Rising in one sitting. It was action-packed and I was sucked in to the story. The stakes just kept getting higher and higher in Valkyrie Rising and I was definitely rooting for Ellie to kick everyone’s ass.

I know next to nothing about Norse mythology and I loved what information Ingrid Paulson gave us in Valkyrie Rising. She worked a lot of the mythology into the story without it seeing like sort of an info dump and more just a natural part of Ellie’s tale. Even though I’d never heard of Valkyries, I was still able to follow everything.

And, okay, I am SUCH a sucker for the brother’s best friend romance. It makes me giddy and I absolutely loved the way it was done in Valkyrie Rising. There was quite a bit of swooning.

There were several twists throughout Valkyrie Rising – some I expected and some I definitely didn’t.

Basically, if you’re looking for an action-packed book featuring a kickass protagonist, a swoony romance, and mythology you probably don’t know too much about, check out Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson for sure!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account