Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
After reading the first book in the Lynburn Legacy series, I was completely enamored with the characters and the world. I was so eager to jump back into the mysteries surrounding the Lynburn family, and Untold does not disappoint as a follow-up to the first book.

The characters are the strongest aspect of this series for me, and what I love about Untold is that the narrative points-of-view expand to include Ash and Holly as well as Kami and Jared. Bringing to light Ash's thoughts and feelings about his family adds another layer to his character. His and Jared's relationship really grows in this novel and it's so enjoyable to watch them fight but also learn to understand each other a little better. Holly's narrative is the most emotional arc of the story as she struggles with her feelings towards Angela.

Brennan has one of the most humorous writing styles I've read and I definitely found myself laughing out loud at some parts. The characters sass each other throughout the entire novel and the sarcasm flows freely. There are still plenty of dark moments with all of the complicated relationships and terrifying violence. Brennan achieves a great balance in this novel. The light and dark work together perfectly.

The characters face a pretty hopeless situation against Rob Lynburn and his sorcerer followers. There isn't much hope that Kami and her friends can succeed, which keeps the tension high. I just had to keep turning the pages to find out if they would all make it out of this fight alive.

Untold packs an emotional punch with its diverse set of characters, engrossing action, and danger at every turn.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account