Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Unremembered was a roller coaster ride of a story, and I loved it. I don't even like roller coasters.

Violet's memory loss is done so well. She's still herself, even though she's lost almost all of her memories of herself, her past, and the world around her. The way her memories slowly resurface is compelling, and entirely convincing. Violet is so clearly still herself, despite basically losing her mind, because there is this core part of her that can't be deleted, or removed, or erased. While I don't necessarily believe in the whole idea of a soul as something separate from the mind and body, it was very romantic, and compelling, and added a lot of depth to her character.

The romance between Zen and Violet was simply spectacular. I say this because there wasn't much going on until the end of the book - because the girl lost her memory! Zen wasn't pushy, he wasn't too intense, and he was very patient with Violet/Sera. So very patient. I loved that about their relationship. Zen was willing to help his girl, to wait until she was ready to resume their relationship. This was so well done. I can't wait until the next book when their relationship can be developed further!

The only aspect I was a little wishy-washy on was the genetics. I can't say too much about it, cause spoilers, but I will say that I wasn't entirely convinced by the use of genetics as a cause for some special abilities. And being able to turn those genes on and off? Sounds very cool, but I don't know enough about it to say how believable it was. Overall the sci-fi aspects were interesting and added an exciting and futuristic feel to the whole book.

Overall Unremembered was a thrilling sci-fi mystery that I couldn't put down. I would highly recommend it to fans of Divergent, Across the Universe, Matched, and Under the Never Sky.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account