Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I was arguing with myself nearly the whole time I was reading. I really wanted to see Juliette's side of things, but I just couldn't get down with her woe is me attitude and self-loathing. In Shatter Me she had the crappy life going for her, but I just couldn't grant her that pass in Unravel Me. She was with people like herself -- some of whom had similarly crappy lives -- and she had at least a few people caring for her and wanting to be her friend.

Just so you know, before I get into the relationship stuff, I'm a Warner fan through and through. That Adam guy can just go sit in the corner.

I can see Juliette's side of the whole thing: she still loves Adam but doesn't want to cause him pain. On the flip side: no. Adam begs her over and over for a chance to be together and try to work through it, but does she listen? No, instead she repeatedly "forgets herself" and finds some way to have intimate contact with him only to push him away and get all wishy-washy, further stringing along and confusing both guys.

And my poor, poor Warner. Okay, I totally understand Juliette's complete confusion when it comes to her feelings for him. He's a pretty confusing guy and most of what she's seen from him is pretty bad. But he opens his heart up to her multiple times only to have her hold it in her hands a moment before carelessly tossing it on the floor and walking away. And she continues to tell him she thinks he can change, but isn't exactly helping him by treating him like the same person.

I'm glad to have seen growth in Juliette by the end even if she spent the better part of the book being generally annoying. I like that she noticed herself feeling more confident after her time away from Adam.

The Nutshell: I enjoyed Unravel Me more than it's predecessor, but Juliette's attitude bogged down the story for me. I wanted a little (or a lot) more Warner, a little more action, and a lot less angst. I appreciated Juliette's growth away from Adam and her few super badass moments, but her pity parties got in the way of all that. In the end, it was a pretty solid story and I'm looking forward to the final one.

Hit
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account