Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
It was a highly anticipated book after the tome 1 - Shatter Me. And I really appreciated!
The writing Tahareh Mafi was, as usual, amazing. Her imagination, the plot and the way she writes, is the promise of a great time in these pages.

The first tome ended with the arrival of Juliette, Adam and James in Omega Point, where stay the resistance and people "like" Juliette. I like the "power" side of story. It reminds me Heroes!
Juliette tries to evolve with his power. By learning about it, she learns about herself, she discovers her personality in society, in the Omega Point. The evolution of the heroine is what I like the most in trilogies. Doubts, questions, choices.
As we learnt in Shatter Me, Point Omega welcomes people with power, as Kenji, which I enjoyed - even if he is always where he souldn't.
We see those people with power learn to be more or less collaborative in the use of their power together, and then I totally want the imagination of Tahereh Mafi. Damn, how can she build such an original story, moving!

I realized that the end of Destroy Me - Warner pov - was a part of this book - Juliette pov. And FINALLY, I understood the end of Destroy Me. And as my opinion about Warner really changed, Juliette's opinion too. And, yes, it makes me happy.
Yes.
But it means that Warner was in a huge part of the book... And no, it does not please me. I don't mean that it ruined the story. On the contrary! Suspense, interrogation, emotion ... What i mean is: WARNER-JULIETTE-ADAM!!

Soo, except for the father of Warner, I don't really hate many people.
I wonder about some characters, like Castle. I really want to know what he has in mind.
James and Adam are two characters laid aside. I would like to know more. I missed their trio with Juliette. However, I enjoyed the trio Adam - Juliette - Kenji.

The "love triangle" disappointed me. But the book is still awesome. And those fascinating words of Tahereh Mafi....
Finally, even if the book doesn't end with a real cliffhanger, I wonder what choices made Juliette in the last chapter. I really want to know what happened CONCRETELY in her head in that moment. Bring on the third book!
Good Points
The writing
The plot
everything
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account