Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
To say this sequel to the electrifying Shatter Me is intense would be an understatement of epic proportions. I was merely a few pages into it when my heart decided to jump out of my chest and take up residence in my throat where it pretty much stayed before exploding it went *poof* right along with my mind. *poof* I tell you... *POOF!*

Unravel Me pick ups where Shatter Me leaves off and is full of gut-wrenching feels aka, action, suspense and plot twists that are both shocking and heartbreaking. Tahereh's prose is still poetic and beautiful and once again, you feel like you are IN Juliette's head peering out of her eyes. (Not a bad view mind you.)

Juliette wants nothing more than to fit in and spend her time making out with Adam, um, I mean, safe within Omega Point but her battle to overcome a lifetime of insecurities makes it difficult for her to trust others. She's supposed to be learning how to manage her ability but a situation arises that leaves her feeling dead, weak, alone and useless. With the help of the others and the snarkilicious Kenji, Juliette will begin to discover that there is strength in power and while it may be deadly, it can still be good.

Adam is as fantastic as ever but he broke my heart in this book. I seriously wanted to write myself into the story as a character with the ability to bake lethal cupcakes, so I could hug him - forever. He not only has James to look after and a war to prepare for, but he and Juliette will face challenges they never could've imagined. His love for her is the one constant she can count on but will it be enough? *clutches chest*

We get to spend more time with Kenji and he is made of awesome! He's the kind of friend everyone needs because can make you laugh one minute with his snark and throw down some truth in the next.

"Yeah, bro." Kenji puts his utensils down. "You are moody. It's always 'Shut up, Kenji.' 'Go to sleep, Kenji.' 'No one want to see you naked, Kenji.' When I know for a fact that there are thousands of people who would love to see me naked-"

Then there's Warner. *sighs* I didn't think it was possible to love a would-be villain more but OH.MY.WORD! *fans face* We get a glimpse of the different layers that make up Warner and he's more broken than Humpty Dumpty. A tormented mix of strength, hotness and heart aching vulnerability, I couldn't decide if I wanted to punch him in the junk or do something to take all of his hurt away. (Like bake him some brownies and talk like we've done in my dreams.)

Good Points
This book ended with me frantically trying to piece my shredded heart back together and as a result, I predict this will happen with book 3:

1) I will love it.

2) I will want to sleep with WarnerAdamJuliette under my pillow.

3) It will be the death of me.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account