N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by Kyla

I absolutely love this book! I love how it's in the future! Tally's cool and easy to relate to. In Tally Youngblood's society, when you turn sixteen you get an operation that makes you pretty and perfect. Tally wants nothing more than to be a Pretty and then a Middle Pretty and then a Crumblie instead of an UGLY. But then she finds out from her friend, Shay, that there is a group of Uglies out there that defy the system and they are called the Smokies. Shay wants to go but Tally would HATE to be an Ugly forever. Shay leaves and the government tells Tally that she must go and find Shay or she can't be Pretty. So, naturally, Tally goes to find Shay. But when she eventually gets to the Smoke, the place where the Smokies live, she falls in love with everything and a very cute Ugly boy (I know, contradiction!) named David. Tally decides not to give up the location of the Smoke and throws a locket, that the government had given her to use when she finds the Smoke, in the fire. She believes everything is okay, but turns out, the locket sent a signal out from its location when it was destroyed. The government comes and captures the Smoke with Tally and Shay. At the end of the book, Tally is turned into a Pretty. Throughout the book, Tally thinks she wants one thing, then changes her mind too the exact opposite. The whole story line and concept are great. I loved it so much, in fact, that I'd rather live in the society that Tally lives in in this book. The book called out our society's obsession with being pretty and all the things we do to ruin the enviroment. Tally and Shay criticize our practices and what they said really got me thinking. I think our government and every person out there should read this series. Yeah, Scott Westerfield doesn't know EXACTLY what's gonna happen in the future but I believe he's pretty accurate. I think that if every person on the planet read this series they would change their ways so that the world isn't destroyed. It sure got me thinking, and even though I don't want the world to be destroyed, I sure want Tally's society (Even with the bubbleheadedness. Especially with the bubbleheadedness!). I think Scott has the right idea for the way our society should be (Without the mind rain. Just keeping the bubbleheadedness and operation and stuff.). I love this book, but especially Pretties (Read my review for Pretties.).
~Kyla  : )
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account