Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
On several occasions I have declared my love and adoration for Hourglass by Myra McEntire. More than once I offered to sell my soul for an ARC of the sequel to Hourglass, Timepiece. Luckily I did not have to actually sell my soul to get my hands on a copy. It turns out you just have to have really awesome friends who know of your obsession and take pity on you.

Those of you that I have discussed Hourglass with know that while I love Emerson and Michael that my heart belongs to Kaleb. When I discovered that Timepiece is from Kaleb's point of view there was a lot of fangirl squealing and there might have been some dancing around my house. And after reading Timepiece I can tell you that the awkward dancing was completely worth it- I loved this book!! I wish I could put into words how much I loved it. All I can say is that as soon as I finished it I started it all over again. Yes, it was that good!

Timepiece picks up shortly after where Hourglass ends. The gang at Hourglass is in the midst of a crisis and they realize very quickly that if they don't locate Jack that all of their lives will be permanently altered. Timepiece, like Hourglass, is full of adventure, mystery, romance (really, really swoony romance!!), kick-ass superpowers, and time traveling.

While I love all the action and adventure the emotional journey of Timepiece is what really touched me. I've admitted that I ugly cried over events in Hourglass but the moments that brought me to tears in Timepiece snuck up on me and caught me off guard with their impact. One of the many reasons I adore Kaleb is that he is so very broken. I don't want to spoil anything but Kaleb makes some huge emotional strides in this book. It's those moments that brought tears to my eyes. There is one really big emotional moment that took my breath away with it's beauty. Just thinking about it gives me chills!

Timepiece is a brilliant sequel to Hourglass. I can't say enough about this series- it has won a spot in my all-time-favorite series column. I'm so excited to see where the story goes in Infinityglass.

Those of you that are still insisting that you are Team Michael* all I can say is- come to the dark side, Kaleb will bake you cookies. He'll probably even bake them in his Kiss the Cook apron ;)

*Don't worry- I love Michael and think he's perfect for Em. I'm Team Kaleb for myself ;)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account