Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This is an enjoyable follow up from Bennett's point of view. I didn't remember a lot of details, but it did a pretty good job of naturally reminding what happened. I remembered that romance that shouldn't have happened because in different times but did anyway, that I thoroughly enjoyed. And while it is present in this one, we see them apart more than book one. We see a lot of character development from Bennett and him struggling with the limitations of his travelings, and possibilities of changing what bothers him.
Bennett is as sweet, charming and conscientious as ever, but he does learn a lot about how he has been spreading himself thin. He realized the friends and family in both places that wanted and deserved his whole head instead of always divided between two times or not.
I flew through the story, hoping for certain things to fall into place, some suspicions confirmed that I wished weren't true, and other twists taking me by surprise.
To me, I forgot all of the details about time travel and the specifics, but I didn't harp over the inconsistencies or the things that didn't quite make sense because some of it I am not scientifically minded to understand anyways, I just love the concept not the hows or whys. So it may bother some people, but for me it is about the very idea of time crossed lovers and how they make that work in the emotional not science realm. And on that level Ms. Stone delivers beautifully.
There are some really tough choices explored and I loved the flawed perfection and internal struggle and anguish it brings out in the characters. It forces them to look past the blinders into their hearts for the answer even if it is not easy.
I reviewed Time After Time because it was available as an e-arc. But it is a book that I would have bought after release or at the very least checked out from the library, because I enjoyed the first book so much and I wanted to be back in their world and see what happens with their romance.
The ending isn't as complete as I would like it to be, but it is kind of perfect in that contemporary sort of way. In that the main issues in the book are tied up and there is a half way open ending where I can keep imagining the characters and how they get to the spot that I know they will be and what will happen to them after that.

Bottom Line: Sweet conclusion that I devoured.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account