N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Audio: 4.5 Stars
I've been on an audiobook binge this year and I'm happy to say, this one (along with it's sequel, Crown of Midnight) is one of the best on the market. Everyone involved makes this an entertaining experience, especially Elizabeth Evans, who does a fantastic job of bringing the characters to life and giving them each their own distinct "voice".

Story: 3.75 Stars
I'm not a huge fan of fantasy, but there are a few books that have been able to change my mind, and Throne of Glass is one of them.

What I Liked: The writing, world-building and overall story. Celaena wasn't at all what I was expecting. Instead of being this hardened assassin whose closed off emotionally, she's smart, witty, and---kind. Her love of all things shiny and girly made her more endearing (to me, anyway) and I enjoyed watching how she interacted with the other characters. Particularly Dorian and Chaol. (I'm glad I had the audio for the correct name pronunciations otherwise I would have messed them up royally.)

The pacing of the story felt a bit slow at first, and I wasn't crazy about the idea of a potential love triangle. Once I reached the end though, it was clear that Throne of Glass is the stage setter for the books that follow. Like a calm before the storm and I was REALLY glad I had the next book on deck.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account