Review Detail

4.2 4
Young Adult Fiction 327
Good story about an important issue of be careful what you put in a text or online.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
enjoyed this emotional book by Jennifer Brown. Thousand Words deals with a touchy subject, and the consequences of a decision, that led to criminal charges, a reputation ruined, and bullying.
I especially enjoyed the friendship that developed between Ashleigh and Mack. He was surrounded by mystery and I liked that. I also appreciated that he wasn't smokin hot, but that he actually had a personality and stood up for what it right. I just couldn't imagine what had put him in the community service program because he didn't seem the type.
The book slowed a bit for me because of the jumps in time. I was easily able to tell what time frame we were in because of the chapter headings, and even the demeanor of Ashleigh. She grew and changed so much in this one that you can pretty much automatically tell by her emotional state and her thoughts.

Bottom Line: Good story about an important issue of be careful what you put in a text or online.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
June 30, 2013
I'm planning to read this one soon for my book club, so I'm glad to hear it's good :]
1 results - showing 1 - 1