Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Back in 2006 I was able to read LIFE AS WE KNEW IT for the Cybils. I remember being blown away by this futuristic tale that shows human nature at both its worse and best during a catastrophic disaster. Later, I read the companion novel THE DEAD AND THE GONE, which was equally as powerful.

Now in THIS WORLD WE LIVE IN the tale continues. Its been a year since a meteor hit the moon which totally changed Earths climate for the worse. Miranda Evans old life is now dead. Shes seen loved ones either die or leave. Then one day her father returns with his new wife, baby, and some strangers. One of the strangers, Alex, causes Miranda to experience feelings shed thought were dead like her old life. But his plans might thaw any relationship. Then a tornado hits her town and forces Miranda to make a decision that will change their lives forever.

I really loved this continuing tale of life after the meteor hits. Once again the strong and vivid images will haunt you. Mirandas story is a scary one. What would you do if a catastrophic disaster totally changed the lives of everyone for probably the worse? Would you still have faith in a higher power? Would you lie, cheat, and even kill so others might live? These questions are ones that Miranda asks every day. I especially loved how the author is able to evoke strong emotions with this series. I couldnt help but wonder what Id do if I was in Miranda or in her mothers situation. I also like how the author was able to weave in other characters from the previous book so effortlessly.

Im hoping for another book in this very powerful, haunting series. Lets just hope this isnt our future but if it is that wed be able to have the courage and strength to meet each day like Miranda and her love ones.

A highly recommended book. If you havent read the other two books, Id highly recommend them.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account