Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Then You Were Gone by Lauren Strasnick was a really intense read. Yet, I never connected to it on a deeper level, so I merely skimmed along the story taking everything in while never fully committing.

Lauren Strasnick has such gorgeous prose. I love her ability at story telling and at writing great characters. The characters in Then You Were Gone were definitely the strength of the book. It also is the more minor scenes, such as time Adrienne spends with Kate that were the most enticing for me. The main storyline I just never completely connected with.

I did enjoy the almost mystery aspect of the plot where Adrienne teams up with Julian trying to figure out what happened to Dakota, yet I was not completely satisfied. I wanted the story to build more. There was just some element missing from the story that left things a bit bland. Lauren Strasnick can sure write an ending! I loved the ending of Then You Were Gone. It was my favorite part of the book as it was just absolutely adorable.

Then You Were Gone is a book for those who love contemporary. While it has its flaws, it is a fast read and has a pretty decent storyline.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account