Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
It is officially summertime and I always love a little mystery and drama when I am on the beach. Well, not personal drama, but the ones I can read in a good book! Reminiscent of Gossip Girls and Pretty Little Liars, the mystery, intrigue, and betrayal and backstabbing are all mixed into one.

Debut author Katharine McGee does a fantastic job weaving in science fiction elements into her story. The world building is incredible. Although it is set at least 100 years into the future, the technology seems plausible and the separation of people based on economic status is scary but also incredibly realistic.

Once the weather gets warm and work starts to wind down, I love a good fun “book candy” read. While there is a lot of interesting themes and ideas running under the main events of the book, the basic storyline itself is a fast paced read that is both exhilarating and just plan entertaining.

The Thousandth Floor is over 400 pages long and I found myself unable to put the book down. Thank goodness I had a long weekend. A little romance, jealousy, and tech genius, this story line delivers a great punch. This book hooks the reader quickly and keeps a tight grip. It all begins with a fall from the Thousandth Floor; but who is it? What happened? Was it an accident or was it murder? Someone knows the truth and someone knows everyone’s secrets.

The story is told through multiple narrators and the reader gets bits and pieces of the story to unravel the mystery. Some books with this many narrators can get confusing or disjointed- but McGee has an expert hand. It reads more like an eloquent film sequence than separate chapters.

Trust me, this August (2016) grab a beach blanket, or a comfy blanket inside with the air conditioner and be prepared not to leave your seat- maybe you should make sure you have snacks within arms reach.

Recommended to fans of Pretty Little Liars and Gossip Girl, but also to anyone who loves a good mystery and a little bit of future technology.
Good Points
Fast Paced- doesn't feel like over 400 pages
Great Character Building
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account